All dogs, even cute little lap dogs, are ultimately descended from domesticated wolves.
These Poodle Breed has extremely varied characteristics and sizes, from the tiniest teacup Poodle to the big Standard Poodle, but all of these poodles make up just one species Canis lupus familiaris and can theoretically breed with one another (although there can be practical and health related constraints.)
You Know That ? Poodle and all dogs are red-green colorblind.
Here I want you to show the milestones during your Poodle’s Life these are very important facts to know and of course will help you with the development of your cute Puppy poodle until his/.her stage of Senior Poodle .
• AT 3 Weeks - At this very young age, a puppy is beginning to be able to hear and you will see that their eyes are starting to open.
• AT 4-5 Weeks - The weaning process will begin. Poodle puppies will slowly drink less of mom's poodle milk and begin a slow but steady progression to solid food.
• AT 8 Weeks -VERY IMPORTANT!!!! This, in most areas, is the minimum age in which a Poodle puppy may be sold and go to their new home.
• AT 4-5 Months - This is the average age that a Poodle will begin teething and starting the chewing issue.
• AT 1 Year - For both Toy and Miniatures, the dog will be considered already an adult dog.
• AT 2 Years - The Standard Poodle will already be considered an adult dog.
• AT 7 Years - The Standard will be considered a senior by most veterinarians and geriatric screenings should begin. • AT 8 - 9 Years - The Miniature Poodle will be considered a senior dog by most veterinarians and geriatric screenings should begin.
• 10 Years- The Toy Poodle will be considered a senior dog by most vets and geriatric screenings should begin.
Remember, that no matter how much information you get from me, your dog is the one who is going to guide you throughout his life and nothing compares to the day to day experiences.
Enjou your Poodle every day of your life!!!
! Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies !
By Gene Hill