Why playing with your dog is Important ?
"All Dogs love to play".
But before you have to know and ask your Vet how much exercise your dog needs.
Not all Dogs are capable to get the same amount of exercise especially when they are playing, and this depend on * Age,* Breed and * General Health.
The actual amount of exercise needed varies according to breed, age and state of health, but all dogs should have time set aside daily to be able to play and run in a safe, appropriate place.
When you are playing with your dog think that one of the most important rules is to remain consistent and create a routine and stick to it.
Remember: Dog's who exercise consistently and judiciously are happier, healthier and better behaved.
But playing with your Dog it's not all about recreation.
It is about his/her mental well being because not let a dog the release of mental and physical activity could ultimately result in destructive and unacceptable behavior that will include:
* Excessive barking or howling * Aggressiveness * Chewing objects and * Befouling and making a mess into the house.
Please find here some Quick Tips that will help to have Fun and enjoy your quality time with your great dog companion.
* Play to find objects. This expels more energy in a shorter period of time.
* Playing games with your dog reinforces your authority, as the dog depends on you to throw the toy.
* Leave dog toys with your doggie when you're gone. This stimulates his mind and senses.
* If your dog obeys commands, take off the dog leash of and let him run somewhere that will be safe and appropriate.
* Frequent walks on the leash are needed as well.
These are some of the many benefits of regular exercise.
* Decreases incidence of behavioral problems, such as digging,barking and chewing.
* Decreases incidence of restlessness or boredom. " A Bored Dog is an unhappy companion "
* Enhances mood and well-being.
* Increases stamina, alertness and energy.
* Maintains a healthy weight.
* Strengthens dog's muscles and bones and keeps joints limber.
* Strengthens heart and lungs.
These are some Ideas of what to play with your Dog.
Dog owners like it very much and works
Hide and seek: Hide with treats in various locations and gradually building the level of difficulty.
You can hide behind a chair, then behind a door. Say "Gingy”,(My Doggie) you can't find me." When Gingy finds you say, "come" and saying "Good Girl "
You can have a child or another member of your household hiding too and set up a relay between the two.
If you are the only one person available or if the poodle dog follows you give him a longer lasting treat such as a hard biscuit so you have a chance to get away and hide again.
If your cute puppy poodle knows the word "stay" have him stay and then go to hide.
Another way to play with your dog and he/she will love it is when you use the sentence "Go Find" where the dog goes to find a treat, toy or a person.
When he picks it up say, "Take it." When he runs back toward you say, "Bring it Here" and again "Good Girl"
We have to take in consideration that also are inappropriate games to play with our Dogs, One of them is:
Tug-of-War: This teaches the dog to use his mouth but It can also reinforce dominance if you let go first - he wins.
Stay away for any game or play that reinforces wild, undesirable behaviors such as jumping, barking or chasing your puppy dog.
We have to take in consideration that also are some inappropriate games to play with our Dogs, One of them is:
Tug of War: This teaches the dog to use his mouth but It can also reinforce dominance if you let him go first that means that he wins.
Also stay away for any game or play that reinforces wild, undesirable behaviors such as jumping, barking or chasing your puppy dog.
Remember!!! Playing with your Dog should have a clear beginning, end and rules.
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
! Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies !
By Gene Hill